Monday, November 10, 2014

Roe Who?

Yes this is the time of year we need to be thankful. I am thankful to have a nice home, good noms, a loving pawrent, but, and this is a purrty big but, maybe as big as Ftiz's big'ol Bu...
MY WHAT! 
Where did you come from Fitz. I swear you are everywhere. I was kidding any meow. 
*Fitz gives him the LOOK and walks off*
Now where was I, oh right, I am thankful BUT, can a cat get some peace around here? Really. I mean it. A cat wants to enjoy being a Great Hunter. Why just last Caturday...

There I was the Great Hunter enjoying my catch when Buttons stuck his mug into my space.
Hey! What's that you have? Ohhhh! Let me play with Roe! 

I saw an opening and made a break fur it
Hey, you want to be like that do you! Hey Family!
Einstein has Roe!

Oh come on... Can't a cat play in peace 
Let me check that out Roe Einstein.
He smells like fun. Give me a lick.
Nooo Mine Hsss Hsss Hsss

Drat... Cornered... Hsss Hsss Hsss
Have to wait for a chance to make a break fur it

Don't you know I set my great catch down for a few seconds and Dad Scooped him up. I did not feel so bad as just a little while later Buttons caught another Roe and Dad took his too. 
Things worked out in the end. I caught another Roe late in the night and played with him till I got tired. I left him for Dad to find in the morning. I think he saves them up to eat all at once since he is so much bigger than we are.

Einstein and Buttons Putting a Dent in the RoeDents

24 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Your human eats your catch?! Wow, it's almost not worth hunting, is it?

Lone Star Cats said...

Your dad shouldn't be stealin your catch!

Cats Herd You said...

That's considerate of you to let your human eat your catch. They aren't fast enough to catch their own to eat.

John Bellen said...

You fellows are as good at hunting those mice as is Flynn, over in Devonshire!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Gees, you work hard to catch all these mice and your dad takes them away? Possibly to eat? How unfair is that?!

P.S. Love the header!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

No fair that your Dad takes away your catch!! We love the new eyecatching header too.

The Swiss Cats said...

It's so kind of you to catch roes and let your Dad save it for later ! It's true that humans are clumsy and not fast enough to do it themselves ! Purrs

da tabbies o trout towne said...

doodz....if popz taked a way de mouz....we think him kneads ta pay ewe bak...mor kitty walk shelvin !!!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Good hunting of those Roes! I catch them and take them to my mum. Can you believe she doesn't eat them after all my hard work!

pilch92 said...

Good catch! Please email me at pilch92@aol.com and let me know where to send your turkey legs prize.

Vonn said...

hey timmy
just a little off subject you need to email me and nibbler a photo for the ball asap please <3

Kitties Blue said...

Wow, those critters are sure coming in early at your house. We haven't seen any yet this fall. We know if any show up, Astrid is the one who is most likely to catch it. Excellent job, Einstein! Our dad takes those furries away from us as well. Purrs and paw-pats, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Anonymous said...

Yow we cuud not figure out what da KAT 'Roe'z' are til we got to da bottom of da post, MOL!!!
We iz not too brite are we?? **lookz sheepish*** BAAAAAA...
Well dun catchin dem Roedentz n givin dem to yer Paw! Yer all so thottfull :)
Much lub Nylablue n Mum too xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Yow we cuud not figure out what da KAT 'Roe'z' are til we got to da bottom of da post, MOL!!!
We iz not too brite are we?? **lookz sheepish*** BAAAAAA...
Well dun catchin dem Roedentz n givin dem to yer Paw! Yer all so thottfull :)
Much lub Nylablue n Mum too xxxxxxx

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, that was some mighty fine hunting!!!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Um...we ddn't 'catch on' at furst either, MOL!
Mousies are fun, sometimes we will sit fur hours waiting fur one to venture out of the cellar into our den...we might be able to snag it...but in our den with dog-guy being a varmint eradicator himself, its a game to see who will get the prize. MOL!

Good hunting skills there, Einstein!
Did ya growl a bit to the others to keep em away?

The Island Cats said...

You guys are good hunters. Your dad should take lessons from you and not your catches..

Marty the Manx said...

Hey Guys Grammy was really impressed at your Roe catching prowess even! You have our whole family in awe! Great pictures too Cat Dad!
Marty

Anonymous said...

OMC Weez wuz wunnewin' ifin dat wuz a weal mousie yous had there. And OMC it suwe is!!! Weez also didn't know what roe wuz...MOL But awe yous tellin' us yous all caught 3 not one or 2 but 3 in one day in yous house? OMC Mommy and sis Lexi wuld go nanners. MOL Yes sis Lexi duz da jump in da chair over mousies too. she's such a girly girl. MOL

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

Anonymous said...

Great hunting! Keeping the Roe guys under control is a very impawtant part of our job protecting our humans! Well done....

Hugs, Sammy

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

So THAT'S why peeps like to steal our prey. MOUSES!

Purrs,
Nissy

Kitty Cat Chronicles said...

OMC, you caught a real live mousie?! Nice work, Einstein! We wonder what your dad does with them...

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

oh goodness.. you caught a mousie and you gave it to your peoples.. aren't you overly generous.. I hope they appreciate it

Katie Isabella said...

I bet you're right about your dad and the roe dents. Mom doesn't even have to wait till morning. I have brought them straight to her IN THE BED! She screamed with delight!